September 29, 2010

Hey!



I don't know why I don't watch Cougar Town more. I never seem to be available Wednesday nights, and not because of my social calendar. Just because...hmm, awkward.

However in the spirit of last week's episode, I watched the new Cougar Town tonight. Except, no. I didn't do that either. But I did embrace last week's idea of the 2:00 siesta, except at 12:30. I know, man. I'm slipping.

Ever since I got back from a week long vacation to discover that my basil is actually flourishing without me, I've decided that I need to relax. I wish this form of relaxation would free me from all responsibilities like the cast of Cougar Town, but alas I'm not much of a drinker.

I finished I Shall Wear Midnight early this morning (hence the need for the siesta) and am still thinking about it. How wonderful to be so young and so sure what you're supposed to do. But how difficult to standby that decision when doing so may mean losing the other iterations of who else you could be.

I'm not that old. I still have time, I suppose, to find these other people. Other me's. Yet it seems that every day that passes where I'm still the same me I begin to doubt even the existence of other, better me's.

This is in no way a hint of synopsis for I Shall Wear Midnight. Just the thoughts that came with the book.

For more indulgent introspection (set to music!), a good Bill Lawrence standby:

1 comment:

Goshzilla said...

I used to think you were probably the best you there could possibly be, but then I ran into the you that could control her hair with her mind, and had the mutant abilitiy to speak every single language in the world, and now I'm not so sure.

Still, you are a pretty awesome you, all the same.