July 13, 2010

Gaining momentum

Instead of appreciating my forefathers and all that, I celebrated my Independence Day by purging my DVD's down to three shelves. The strict criteria required to reduce 50% of my DVD collection was two fold. First: Had I watched this movie within the last year? Second: If I hadn't met the first question, would I watch this movie in the next six months?



The internal bartering that occurred meant that these past three days I have watched a bunch of random movies.


Movie 1: Say Anything
Not watched for the purposes of this exercise, but as a requirement. Man, Diane Court word vomits "I feel so bad being with you," and Lloyd's response is a patient look as he doesn't jump to conclusions but just lets her talk? Also, thirty seconds later they're making out. Sigh. No reason for posting the picture again, except for making me happy.







Movie 2: Legally Blonde
Was this the movie that made me really like Reese Witherspoon? I mean we were still in Pleasantville Reese not Walk the Line Reese. I really enjoyed how she navigated through this silly movie and grounded it with sincerity. This was a great showcase of how you can achieve the best life for you without compromising your identity. Definitely fun.







Movie 3: Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Another fun and silly movie. Controversial off-screen pairings aside, it was obvious that Brad and Angela were having a blast. I still love the minivan chase scene. Ending with a resentful, "I can't believe I brought my REAL parents to our wedding."







Movie 4: The Mummy Returns
Hmmm. This movie didn't hold up against my memory as well as I thought it would. I remember watching it on TV and liking it so much I bought it. Rachel Weisz is a goddess and I do have this to remind me. But I also own The Constant Gardner. Maybe I should mix up the movies a bit better. I still have about six more movies I'm planning to re-watch in the next few days.


Next movies to re-watch in no particular order: Sliding Doors, Moonlight Mile, Roman Holiday, Dodgeball, The Princess Diaries, and Simply Irresistible.

Again, excluding Say Anything, these were movies that were on the cusp that I ultimately decided to keep 'cause I resolved to watch them in the next six months.

1 comment:

Goshzilla said...

I loved Ms. Weisz in the Mummy movies. I found her quite fetching. Also, I remember Bucs and the Lindsinator being very vocal in their denouncement of "Legally Blonde" when Dr. Dinh expressed an interest, so we never went to see it. Saw it on the television a few years later and actually thought it was kind of sweet and far less demeaning than I had anticipated.

I think I need to give my DVDs a little more love this weekend, too.

Or, and here's a thought, I could catch up on BSG. Or Dollhouse.

Heh.

I kinda suck.