August 20, 2010

No turning back


I sometimes wonder if I've become so media saturated that I can't appreciate works of the past. I grew up obsessed with AMC. Audrey Hepburn, Natalie Wood, William Holden.



Now I watch Star Wars for the first time and without nostalgia to fall back on, I internally prefer the Ewoks movie. This is certainly not said out loud to the cute boy at home, but I kind of feel like Stella in How I Met Your Mother. Of course I would never refer to Chewbacca as "Bear", but I just don't feel the fan glee.

I'm trying to convince myself that my pop culture/nerd cred isn't destroyed by my Star Wars indifference. What could I do to build this back up?

1. Skywalker Ranch roadtrip?
2. Life size TARDIS?
3. Browncoats member?
4. Official Fan of Leonard Nimoy?
5. BSG Halloween costume?

I love this movie!

1 comment:

Goshzilla said...

Stahcruisah?

*shudder*

I guess I can still be your friend even though you're not feeling the Star Wars love. I have to admit to not being SO thrilled about the majority of Star Trek programs out there (although I still love the whole Kirk/Spock/Bones triumverate, so whatevs), so I think your cred is still solid.

But hey, I say you should still go for the life-size TARDIS in the livingroom. It would eliminate any lingering doubts you might have, your cute boy would be thrilled, and I could come over to your house and play Time Lord.

Everybody is happy!